Saturday 3 August 2013

Oh what a find!


Last Saturday I made a great find while  with friends at Rozelle markets...

I was just strolling along trying to get the little giant to sleep in the baby carrier and what do I spot? 


Large pile of vintage blankets at Rozelle Markets

This granny stripe blanket with an absolutely gorgeous colour combination. 

You know when you aren't looking for something and it feels like the something finds you? That's how I felt. Look at how beautiful it is.

Gorgeous vintage Granny Stripe blanket


I must have it :)

I truly hoped for the first time in my life that the person selling them wouldn't know the true value of a fabulous piece of crochet like this one. The yarn alone would have been a fortune...

So a tentative question revealed the price... 

$20. 

I didn't even haggle like you are usually supposed to on these markets...

And now it's mine. I put it in my son's room next to his little upcycled book shelf. He loves books and now we can snuggle up under a beautiful blanket and discover  where that green sheep went...



Doesn't it just look like it belongs? 

Stay juicy Planet Earth... 

Superfruity



No comments:

Post a Comment